Handl Defense introduces the SCAR25, the first major upgrade for the FN SCAR-H platform. Made from billet 7075-T6 aluminum. We have completely reengineered this lower receiver—the way it should have initially been manufactured. We have specifically designed the magazine-well to be compatible with the readily available and combat proven SR-25 and M110 pattern magazines, including the widely used .308 Magpul LR-20 PMAG. We redesigned the grip tang to accept M16/M4 compatible grips such as the Magpul MOE + and ERGO grips. Additionally, we re-contoured the arch above the grip to accommodate gloved and smaller hands, allowing easier access to the fire controls.–
- Battle proven magazine system
- Billet 7075-T6 aluminum is stronger and more durable than plastic
- No magazine-well flex or receiver flex
- User-friendly ergonomics
- Compatible with most AR-15 pistol grips
- Drilled & Tapped grip screw hole
- Factory FN SCAR lower parts DO NOT require any modification for installation
- Exterior profile is similar to original FN factory lower
- Nine FN factory SCAR-H magazines weigh 2.34 pounds. Nine .308 Magpul PMAG 20 magazines weigh 1.44 pounds. Weight savings of 0.9 pounds. SCAR25 lower weighs 0.6 pounds. That is a total combat load weight savings of 0.3 lbs!
- Material: CNC Machined Billet 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Finish: Black Type III Hard Coat Anodizing for both black and FDE SCAR25 lower*
- Magazine: SR-25, M110, MAGPUL .308 PMAG, ASC, POF, DPMS Magazines, XS Drums (early generations), etc.
- Grip: Most AR-15 compatible grips
- Weight: 9.3 oz.
- All steps and processes in the manufacturing of the SCAR25 receiver is in accordance with US Military standards.
*FDE units only. Ceramic paint, color match to FN FDE